Are you ready to embark on a delightful culinary journey that promotes health, happiness, and togetherness for your entire family? Look no further than RMCCF’s “Family Friendly Recipes” – the ultimate destination for family-friendly, nourishing meals that will have everyone craving for more!
Create unforgettable memories as you gather around the kitchen, joining hands to cook up fantastic meals together. Our recipes are designed to be family-friendly, making cooking a joyous activity for all ages. Watch your kids’ faces light up with excitement as they explore the world of nutritious ingredients!
With easy-to-follow instructions and readily available ingredients, you’ll be amazed at how quickly you can whip up a delicious, nutrition-packed feast for your loved ones.
Chocolate Covered Strawberry Pancakes
- Medium Mixing Bowl
- Small Mixing Bowl
- Food Scale
- 75 grams Flour
- 75 grams Whole Wheat Flour
- 50 grams Cocoa Powder
- 6 grams Baking Powder
- 1 gram Baking Soda
- 193 grams Milk
- 1 large Egg
- 12 grams Melted Butter
- 31 grams Sugar
- 2 grams Salt
- 1 cup Semi-sweet Chocolate or Dark Chocolate Chips
- 1 lb Fresh Strawberries washed and quartered
- 1/4 cup Honey
- 1 tbsp Lemon Juice
- 1/4 tsp Fresh Mint
- 1/4 tsp Rosewater optional
- In a medium bowl, combine together flour, whole wheat flour, cocoa powder, baking powder and soda, sugar, and salt. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, whisk milk and eggs until combined.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry and mix until just combined; add in melted butter and combine. Be careful not to overmix the batter as this will create a tougher and denser pancake. It is ok for there to be lumps left in the batter.
- Leave batter on the counter for 15 minutes to hydrate all of the flour and rest.
- While the batter is resting, begin to work on the strawberry compote.
- In a saucepan, combine strawberries, honey, lemon juice, lemon zest, and mint.
- Simmer over medium heat for about 15 to 18 minutes; making sure to stir often. If adding in rosewater, add in the last 5 minutes of cooking to preserve its flavor.
- Remove from heat and let cool. Compote will thicken as it cools.
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge.
- Butter or oil a griddle and place over medium heat. To test if griddle is hot enough, add a small amount of batter (1 spoonful) and cook a test pancake. This will allow you to adjust heat if needed.
- Using a 1/4 cup, measure out batter onto griddle and cook. Use the back of a spoon if needed to smooth out batter into a nice circular shape.
- Do not flip pancake over until it is ready. Bubbles will begin to form and pop in and around the center of the pancake. These are an indicator that it is ready to flip. You can also look at the edges to determine readiness. If they are firm and hold together its ready to flip! ( about 3 minutes)
- Flip pancake over and cook for an additional minute or so. The other side does not need long to cook.
- Place alternating layers of pancakes and compote and enjoy!