Are you ready to embark on a delightful culinary journey that promotes health, happiness, and togetherness for your entire family? Look no further than RMCCF’s “Family Friendly Recipes” – the ultimate destination for family-friendly, nourishing meals that will have everyone craving for more!
Create unforgettable memories as you gather around the kitchen, joining hands to cook up fantastic meals together. Our recipes are designed to be family-friendly, making cooking a joyous activity for all ages. Watch your kids’ faces light up with excitement as they explore the world of nutritious ingredients!
With easy-to-follow instructions and readily available ingredients, you’ll be amazed at how quickly you can whip up a delicious, nutrition-packed feast for your loved ones.
Fig & Pear Toast
- Medium Skillet
- Large Mixing Bowl
- Blender/Food Processor Optional
- Baking Sheet
- 1 lb Black Mission Figs
- 1 lb Pears Bartlett or D’anjou
- 4 tbs Balsamic vinegar
- 5 Sprigs of fresh rosemary Retain the stems
- 3 tbs Honey
- 2 tbs Unsalted butter
- 1 tsp Salt
- Juice of half a lemon
- 1 tbs Olive oil
- 3 tbs Whipped cream cheese
- 11 oz Fresh goat cheese
- 1 Loaf of nice rustic bread Whole wheat recommended
- Chopped roasted unsalted pistachios optional
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Rinse and dry all fruit. Once dry, slice pears length wise and de-core. Leave figs whole to help with shape retention. Use the rosemary stems to skewer the figs 3 at a time. This will help to impart extra flavor.
- Heat butter in a skillet over medium heat, once hot add in fruit; add pears cut side down. Add in 2tbs of balsamic vinegar and 1tbs of honey. Sear for 2min while basting the fruit in the balsamic reduction. Once fruit has been seared; remove from heat and transfer onto a baking sheet (cut-side down). Drizzle residual balsamic over fruit along with the rosemary leaves and roast for 20 min.
- While the fruit is roasting, prepare the whipped goat cheese. In a blender, food processer, or large bowl mix together the softened goat cheese, cream cheese, 2tbs of honey, lemon juice, and zest. While mixing drizzle in the 1tbs of olive oil and combine until smooth and fluffy.
- Once fruit is done, cut into slices. Toast bread to desired level of doneness and scoop whipped goat cheese onto bread. Spread into a nice even layer and top with fruit. Sprinkle with chopped pistachios for an added crunch.