Are you ready to embark on a delightful culinary journey that promotes health, happiness, and togetherness for your entire family? Look no further than RMCCF’s “Family Friendly Recipes” – the ultimate destination for family-friendly, nourishing meals that will have everyone craving for more!
Create unforgettable memories as you gather around the kitchen, joining hands to cook up fantastic meals together. Our recipes are designed to be family-friendly, making cooking a joyous activity for all ages. Watch your kids’ faces light up with excitement as they explore the world of nutritious ingredients!
With easy-to-follow instructions and readily available ingredients, you’ll be amazed at how quickly you can whip up a delicious, nutrition-packed feast for your loved ones.
Persimmon & Ginger Spiced Apple Cider
- Large Stockpot
- 10 to 12 Medium Apples Honeycrisp, Fuji, Gala, Braeburn…etc.
- 2 Large Oranges
- 2 Medium Persimmons
- 5 Sticks Cinnamon
- 1 Tbsp Whole Cloves
- 1in Knob Peeled Ginger
- 1 Whole Nutmeg
- 1 Whole Star Anise
- 1 Whole Allspice
- 1/2 Cup Pure Maple Syrup Can sub dark brown sugar
- Halve and quarter the apples, oranges, and persimmons.
- Place the fruit along with the spices into a large stockpot.
- Add enough water until all of the fruit is covered leaving about 2 inches of room from the top of the pot.
- Over high heat, bring the water to a rapid simmer. Lower the heat to medium, cover and continue to simmer for 2 hours.
- After 2 hours, uncover the pot and use a potato masher or wooden spoon to muddle the fruit.
- Continue to simmer in an uncovered pot for an additional hour.
- After simmering for an hour, use a cheesecloth or a fine mesh strainer to strain the pulp and spices from the cider. Make sure to press or squeeze all of the liquid from the pulp.
- Place strained cider back into pot and keep warm over low heat.
- Add in maple syrup 1 Tbsp at a time until desired level of sweetness is reached.